Friday, September 25, 2009

Very VERY late Review: Batman: Arkham Asylum

.... YES. This game is literally the best 3rd person game I have ever played. Not just because I am a bat nerd, because it is so incredibly awesome and epic, it plays with your mind and is a thinking game and a hardcore fighting game at the same time.


GRAPHICS: The graphics are very good, they are no GTA 4 graphics, but they still look great, and they are nothing you would usually expect from a batman game.


CONTROLS: The controls/freeflow combat system is great, and the best I have ever seen, but there are some complaints that I have that will be in the CRITICISM section.



STORYLINE: the storyline is very good, and the thing is, you beat the game, because you want to see what happens, as well as to have fun. that is how good the storyline is, it is motion picture material, and in a way, it kind of ties in with Christopher Nolan's The Dark Knight, except for the fact that the police still like batman.


RIDDLER RIDDLES: these are VERY hard. the only way I was able to get 55% was with the help of the riddler maps. I will get them after I beat the game, but still.
BOSS FIGHTS: The boss fights are my major complaint for this game. the only really fun boss fight was the bane boss fight, and that is just because the whole dodging the giant guy running after you, while throwing a batarang at him and making him crash into a wall thing was new to me. other than that, the bosses were just... kill the henchmen, and throw a batarang or bat claw the boss down. very boring.



ENDING: now not to spoil anything, but the end boss was, like i said, not that fun, but I will have to say, the ending cutscene was AWESOME.



SUMMARY OF CRITICISM: 1: the camera was annoying at first (then it became cool) 2. The boss fights are not fun (maybe because I have been playing too much alien hominid) 3. press a to run? really? I think it should be move the joystick halfway to walk, and full to run... and a could be jump or something, so you could do jump kicks or something.



SUMMARY (OVERALL): Batman Arkham Asylum is amazing. it has its flaws, but no game is perfect, and Arkham Asylum is probably the closest a game is going to get to perfect. this game gets 5 batarangs
out of 5. Hes a silent protector... a dark knight.

No comments:

Post a Comment