Monday, June 15, 2009

Late Review (sorry): Saints Row 2

Alright, I do have to admit I have not played saints row 1, and just heard of saints row when 2 came out. I heard it was better than GTA IV, so I decided to get it instead of GTA IV. (I might get GTA IV eventually so I can review that) and I must say I am pretty impressed. I like how you can customize your character, and customize almost everything else so the possibilities are endless with your character. I made my guy a muscular white guy with long straight hair and a black shirt with a chainsaw on it. (I am still messing around with his appearance) And I beat the game in about a week, maybe less. (I cherished it) On the medium difficulty level, I found it easy to kill things, and could aim for head shots easily. The controls are awkward until you change the driving settings to default GTA and driving game settings (like I did) but you will eventually get used to it.

Campaign: I did not really care for the story line, considering that it was the exact same story line as san andreas, so I just decided to not care and be "screw it I want to just kill things". The activities were very fun, and I am still trying to get 100 complete to this day, and go on a few rampages on the way. The game is pretty mindless, which is good for some people and bad for a few, and I just thought that it seemed to fit the purpose of this game. Does a game where you kill everyone sound very logical? I do not think so. The radio stations were funny, the cutscenes were funny, and I especially enjoyed killing Neil Patrick Harris. There are just really little features in this game that entertain me, like car surfing, streaking, flashing, and also co op, which we will talk about more in "multiplayer."

Graphics: Alright, lets just get down to the point. The graphics suck. Do not get this game if you think graphics are a key feature, because you will be disappointed. GTA IV vomits on SR2 for that feature.

Multiplayer: I really never like multiplayer for any 3rd person shooters, because it always ends up being "grenade wars" or "someone getting the most powerful weapon in the game, hiding somewhere, waiting for people to come by and shoot them once and kill them". Also there is this thing with the co op that I hate. I hate cheating in games, and SR2 SHOULD TELL ME BEFORE I LET SOMEONE INTO MY GAME IF THEY ARE CHEATING. I WANT MY ACHIEVEMENTS, AND MY GAME HAS BEEN CONTAMINATED MANY TIMES BY FREAKS WHO CANNOT PLAY THE GAME WITHOUT SPAWNING FRIGGING UFOS.

Summary: Saints row 2 is a decent game with many key features like activities that make it really great and fun. The graphics are simply atrocious, but that does not take away from gameplay. the controls are kind of annoying, but you can change them and you will eventually get used to them. The multiplayer is not fun, and do not play co op with anyone other than friends, unless you have cheats enabled.
Overall, I give Saints Row 2
a 3.5
out of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment